If firing all the teachers isn't enough to solve the problems of poverty, here are some other options for you to try.
- Fire the students for not learning enough. If you can blame teachers for not working hard enough so that all students can pass the test then surely it makes sense to fire the students for not working hard enough to learn everything that's being taught.
- Fire the parents. If kids live in poverty it's their parents' fault for not working hard to make enough money.
- Fire the textbook publishers for not working hard enough to include all the answers to "the test" in their books.
- Fire the local police for not working hard enough to keep the students safe so they could go to school and concentrate on academics instead of worrying about making it home alive.
- Fire themselves. The school board should fire themselves for not working hard enough to solve the problem of the students' poor performance.
- Fire the Central Falls local government for allowing poverty to exist in their city. The link between poverty and low school achievement is well established. If the government had eliminated poverty the school would not have "failed." Fire the government of the state of Rhode Island as well...same reason.
- Fire all the medical professionals in the city. The link between health and achievement is also well established. If the doctors and dentists had worked hard enough to keep all the children healthy, then the school would not have "failed."
- Fire everyone in local, state and national departments of education who has never been an educator. Being a former student does not qualify someone to make decisions affecting the lives of hundreds of children.
- Fire Arne Duncan and Barak Obama for cheering this tragedy.
- Fire anyone locally or nationally who imposes sanctions on schools because they are filled with struggling, children. These schools haven't failed...the nation has failed.
Post a Comment