6. Nearly seven out of 10 teachers (68%) cite working with kids as the reason for remaining in the profession.Read them all HERE.
26. Teachers rock because we do our job, not because of the money, but because of the kids. ~ Sean Lovelace
30. “If a doctor, lawyer, or dentist had 40 people in his office at one time, all of whom had different needs, and some of whom didn't want to be there and were causing trouble, and the doctor, lawyer, or dentist, without assistance, had to treat them all with professional excellence for nine months, then he might have some conception of the classroom teacher's job.” ~ Donald D.
62. Teachers put up with everyone in the world thinking their job is easy with early days and a big fat summer vacation.
67. Teachers learn from their students.
71. Teachers know that what they’re really teaching aren’t facts, but rather they’re teaching children how to learn and teach themselves.
72. We rock because we live for "lightbulb moments"... ~ Myree Conway
89. "Most teachers have little control over school policy or curriculum or choice of texts or special placement of students, but most have a great deal of autonomy inside the classroom. To a degree shared by only a few other occupations, such as police work, public education rests precariously on the skill and virtue of the people at the bottom of the institutional pyramid." ~ Tracy Kidder
93. Teachers rock because, despite all the nonsense we have to put up with, we still love what we do and we strive to do it better. ~ John Blake, @geauxteach
98. Teachers rock because they spend their whole careers thinking of how they can make others better off, instead of themselves. ~ Lauren