Check out these web sites with ideas for preventing summer learning slide:
- Summer Slide and the Importance of Reading over the Summer from the Colorado Department of Education
- Great websites for kids from the Association for Library Service to Children, a division of the American Library Association
KEEPING MINDS ACTIVE WITH READ-ALOUDS
One important summer learning task for parents and care-givers - read aloud to your children...EVERY DAY.
“The single most important activity for building the knowledge required for eventual success in reading is reading aloud to children.” -- Becoming a Nation of ReadersNeed some help with read aloud? Try these...
- The Treasury of Read Alouds
- The Read Aloud Handbook
- Reading Magic: Why Reading Aloud to Our Children Will Change Their Lives Forever
- Best Books to Read Aloud with Children of All Ages
- Reading Aloud Tips for Parents and Teachers
- Reading Is FUNdamental: Reading Aloud
- Caldecott Medal Home Page
- Newbery Medal Home Page
Increase harmony during summer vacation with some tips from parenting experts. Don't just read the lists here...go to the sites and take a look.
10 Commandments of Good Parenting
- What you do matters.
- You cannot be too loving.
- Be involved in your child's life.
- Adapt your parenting to fit your child.
- Establish and set rules.
- Foster your child's independence.
- Be consistent.
- Avoid harsh discipline.
- Explain your rules and decisions.
- Treat your child with respect.
9 Steps to More Effective Parenting
- Nurture Your Child's Self-Esteem
- Catch Kids Being Good
- Set Limits and Be Consistent With Your Discipline
- Make Time for Your Kids
- Be a Good Role Model
- Make Communication a Priority
- Be Flexible and Willing to Adjust Your Parenting Style
- Show That Your Love Is Unconditional
- Know Your Own Needs and Limitations as a Parent
Post a Comment